Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 16, 2014

My Must-Haves for Babies/Toddlers

In preparing for baby #2, I got to thinking: Since my first was a newborn, what do I continue to use/like now that he's 1 1/2? As new moms we go crazy buying and registering for everything (it's part of the fun & excitement of it all)! But we soon find out- babies/toddlers need only basics. They are just as often happier banging around your pots & pans in your kitchen, than they are with the 85 toys you have in their play room. 
So besides the obvious essentials you need when preparing for your first, second, or even fourth child…I put a list together of some products & items that I use on a daily basis & think that every mom should have (& keep until you know your done having kids). I'm lucky I can re-use a lot because I'm having another boy, but there are definitely items I have to buy for his nursery {more on that later}. 
It's about finding what you & your baby/toddler are happy with & sharing your discoveries with other mommies! <3

{Baby Cottons PJ's, Boppy nursing pillow, Cloud B Tranquil Turtle, Aden & Anais/Restoration Hardware stroller blanket, PBKids 'shark' bath towel, Virgin-Unrefined /Organic Coconut Oil, California Baby hair product, SheaMoisture Olive & Marula Baby Head-To-Toe Lotion, 
Bath Products: Babyganics shampoo-bodywash, California Baby bubble bath} 


The List:


California Baby Products:  Chemical-free products made with aromatherapy oils (I mostly use their Bubble Bath & Shampoo/Body Wash).

Baby Cottons PJ's:  These are by far my favorite brand for newborns & up! The footies, playsuits, bodysuits, blankets and accessories made of 100% Peruvian pima cotton. They are a bit pricy, but worth it!

Coconut Oil:  I'm a HUGE fan & user of coconut oil in my house. I use it for many, many things, including my baby's skin. If you haven't heard yet: coconut oil has infinite benefits! Use it to help heal cradle cap, dry/sore nipples from breast feeding, rashes, moisturize baby's skin, etc.

Sophie the Giraffe:  My son doesn't use this teether anymore :( but he did love it. I've kept them for when my second baby is ready.

Stoller Blanket: It's an obvious item, I know! But it's great to mention to always have many of them. My favorite ones I've had monogramed. Make sure to have lightweight ones for warmer weather, and thicker/plush ones too. My favorites are from Aden + Anais and RH Baby & Child.

Tranquil Turtle:  I bought this for my son a couple of months ago and he loves it! I put this on when it's bedtime, & its so soothing. It projects this serene (adjustable) blue water effect. It also offers two calming sound choices: gentle melody or whispering waves.

Born Free Bottles:  After I was finished nursing, I started using these bottles. They are great! They are BPA free, the bottles feature ActiveFlow Venting Technology which is clinically designed to reduce colic and gas and allows the baby to control the mild flow for an experience closer to breastfeeding.

The Natures Lullaby Collection I CD or Download from iTunes:  My son LOVES this soothing music (and me too). We still play it EVERY night. This collection of favorite lullabies is complemented by the restful sounds of mother nature. It's the best! Find it on iTunes or buy the CD.

Cute Bath Towel (PBKids):  I love their hooded bath towels!

Swing:  Another obvious must-have! I like the swings by: 4moms & Ingenuity. The 4moms swing makes movements that mimic the way you move. Ingenuity swings have a bunch of cool features like, Smart phone connectivity that lets you personalize entertainment, electronic mobile spins and glows, swing rotates at 180 degrees in 3 swing directions and more!

Good Baby Monitor (Summer Infant):  Because I will be having 2 babies under 2, I still need a baby monitor. I want to upgrade from the monitor I have now to the Summer Infant Dual View Video Monitor System. Benefits are for parents with multiple children or multiple rooms. It features two pan/scan cameras with zoom and two-way talk-back.

Professional Photographer:  This is a MUST! Start hunting for a professional photographer to capture all your family memories when you're pregnant. Even if taking maternity photos isn't your cup of tea, you will want a photographer once your baby is born and thereafter!

Inglesina Fast Table Chair:  I avoid using the high chairs that restaurants provide whenever possible (yuck!). I purchased the Inglesina chair when my son was able to sit up on his own, & I have used it ever since. It's portable, compatible with most tables, comes with its own carrying bag that's attached, it's washable & has a maximum weight capacity of 37 pounds.

SO there you have it…my must-haves! What are your favorites for your baby/toddler?

XX-Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment