Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

3 FAV: Superfood Smoothies (Great for Expecting/Nursing Moms too)

I'm a BIG health-smoothie-makin'-kinda girl (during my pregnancy especially)! 
I try to make a nutrition packed smoothie at least 3 times a week. 
I've been making healthy smoothies consistently for 2-3 years now. I usually rotate between a few basic recipes (like, my go-to: coconut water or unsweetened almond milk, kale and/or spinach, banana and some kind of frozen fruit). 
But when I'm looking for inspiration or want to change it up, I refer to the ultimate smoothie book, written by Julie MorrisSuperfood Smoothies
This book features 100 nutrient-rich recipes packed full of antioxidants and vitamins. 

A few of my favorites from Superfood Smoothies are:
1. Cherry Vanilla :  2 cups frozen cherries, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 cups coconut water, 1/2 tsp wheatgrass powder, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, sweetener to taste (optional). If you want a Superfood Boost, this recipe suggests to add:  1 tbsp chia seeds

2. Watermelon Cucumber (sooo refreshing!):  4 cups cubed seedless watermelon, 2 cups chopped peeled cucumber, 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp minced fresh basil leaves, 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 cups ice, sweetener to taste (optional).
Superfood Boost: 1 tsp wheatgrass powder

3.  Raspberry Almond:  2 cups frozen raspberries, 1/4 cup pitted dates, 2 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp acai powder, 1 tbsp cacao nibs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups coconut water, 1 cup ice, sweetener (optional).
Superfood Boost:  Use dried mulberries instead of the dates

Find this book at:  Amazon.com
Get your Smooth On! ;)

Xx-Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment