Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sundays are Reserved for Beauty

For me, Sunday is the day I take the time out for some pampering at home! It's the end of the week, and a great way to start the new week off... so why not get those face scrubs and masks out!
"These are a few of my favorite things..." :)

The Clarisonic: Using the Clarisonic is the fist step to every skin care regimen I have. The Clarisonic is a sonic face & body cleansing brush. Once you clean your skin with sonic technology, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! Cleaning your skin with just your hands or a washcloth is OLD NEWS! This cleansing brush deep cleans your pores, clears break-outs faster, and leaves your skin glowing and ooh-so soft. I LOVE IT! I got mine on QVC.com. And best of all, if you buy it on QVC, you can get it cheaper than retail price! And they generally offer an "easy-pay" option. Currently, the featured price listed on QVC is - $216.48, with an easy pay offer of 3 installments of $72.16 a month (not including S&H). Otherwise, you may choose to buy yours straight from the Clarisonic website at, http://www.clarisonic.com/, or you can also find it at the Nordstrom department stores.

This is what mine looks like -

After I cleanse my face, I use a good face scrub. I use a two-step resurfacing "peel" called, The Microdelivery Peel by, Philosophy. The kit includes the vitamin C/peptide crystals and the lactic/salicylic acid activating gel. The crystals help to resurface and rejuvenate the skin, at the same time infusing the skin with vitamin C and peptides, which help with skin tone and reducing fine lines. The kit is gentle enough to use up to 2 times a week. You can buy this on Philosophy's website, at Nordstrom department stores, and on QVC.com.

The two-step skin care kit - 

After the peel, I use a mask. I have several different masks to choose from. But my decision is based on my skin's need. If I feel like I need a bit more radiance/oxygen to my skin then I go for, the Peter Thomas Roth Radiance Oxygenating Masque. This guy is pricey but is packed with benefits! This mask is for those of us who need more brighter, clearer and hydrated skin. This 3.4 fl oz. is priced at $50.00, but lasts a LONG time because you only use it 1-2 times per week. Again, you can buy this on the Peter Thomas Roth website, and Nordstrom department stores.

Lastly, If my skin is feeling congested I will use a mask by Kiehl's called, Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque. This is great to use if you need to minimize and unclog your pores. This product is made with Amazonian white clay, which acts like a magnet to draw out all the dirt and yucky stuff that clogs the skin. This mask is $23.00, and you can buy it at Kiehl's, Amazon.com ( I found it for $21.85), and Nordstrom department stores.

So I hope you reserve a day for beauty...you DESERVE to put your best face forward, and pamper yourself!! 

Tell me what products work for you!



1 comment:

  1. you are a beauty guru. I've been thinking of buying the clarisonic but honestly I thought it'd be a waste... looking at your bright skin, I know it actually works. Love it!!! I'm at Nery's lol!
    Besos!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete